TRI-CITY CERT ASSOCIATION
Get involved in the TRI-CITY CERT ASSOCIATION.
CERT members, here are 2 teams we are developing and need active participants.
1) CERT COMMUNITY OUTREACH TEAM: help with disaster preparedness activities and staff CERT booths at community events.
2) TRI-CITY CERT DISASTER RESPONSE TEAM: You can be part of a CERT response team that can be deployed by a city agency in a disaster. We need CERT members who would like to help their community when a disaster happens. Special training provided.
If you are interested in either of these teams, please contact Cindy Matsuda at [email protected]
Recent Blog Entries
TRI-CITY CERT ASSOCIATION BOARD OF DIRECTORS
About Us: TRI-CITY CERT TEAM
Tri City CERT is an all volunteer, non profit organization created to enhance disaster preparedness and emergency response for the citizens of Gardena, Lawndale, and Hawthorne. We accomplish this through the participation in community awareness events, various training programs, drills and providing volunteer support to the Fire and Police depts upon activation.
Our vision is to train residents of the Tri City area (Gardena, Lawndale and Hawthorne) to be prepared in the event of a disaster and to be a deployable resource to assist the Tri Cities emergency services upon request.
STATE OF CALIFORNIA GRANT FOR CERT TEAMS: GARDENA CERT TEAM must meet this criteria:
- Only CERT grads who belong to the Gardena CERT team or CERT grads who actively help with Gardena CERT community outreaches or are part of the TRI-CITY CERT Board can benefit from the Gardena CERT grant.
- Must submit and pass a background check by Gardena Police Department, Gardena CERT's Sponsoring agency.
- Must commit to helping reach out and educate 20 people from the community about emergency preparedness and/or CERT through a Gardena CERT approved activity from June 14, 2019 to December 31, 2020.
- Must fill out a TRI-CITY CERT MEMBERSHIP PROFILE.
- Must be a CERT graduate. Please provide the year you graduated from CERT and CERT certificate.
Those fulfilling these requirements will receive general insurance coverage, CERT vest California for All and a CERT identification card.